With the New Year ahead of us, we know the year will be filled with unknown challenges and blessings. Now is the time to continue to rely on the wisdom, power, and resources of the Lord to have a truly Happy New Year as we serve children and their families in crises. We thank the Lord for His continuous generosity, presence, and guidance to this staff in the last year.
We at ChristianWorks for Children want to thank you personally for your continued support of the ministries here that the Lord has continued to bless. It is your support and generosity that helps us to do what we love doing serving His children during the darkest times of their lives.
As one way of saying “Thanks” to you, we share our list of suggested New Year’s Resolutions for a healthier spiritual life for this year.
Please help us God this year,
- To be open to new experiences with You, Your Son and the Holy Spirit.
- To be open to learning something new from Scripture each time we read or hear it.
- To have intimate “visits” and prayers with You throughout the day remembering that You are always present.
- To live each minute in 2013 as if it is our last minute here.
- To be intentional about our faith walk and have a plan on where we each want to be spiritually.
- To be intentional about our relationships and have a plan for each for the future.
- To always keep in mind where we are going and whom we are following.
- To make a concerted effort to say only positive, encouraging statements to others.
- To really want to treat others as we want others to treat us under the same circumstances.
- To be mindful that each interaction with others creates memories and influence that can last forever. Help us to ask ourselves: How do we want to be remembered? How do we want to shape eternity for others and ourselves?
- To be ready and willing to share our blessings with persons needing a blessing themselves.
- To be ready and willing to share our hope and faith with persons needing hope, support, and encouragement.
In Christ’s name, we ask this.