At ChristianWorks, our mission is to represent the goodness of God to children and their families by continuing Jesus Christ’s example of service. We accomplish this by providing adoption services, family and individual counseling, children’s support groups, and services for pregnant women. All staff members are also actively involved as a member of a local church.
Below is a list of our current positions. To apply, please use the link below our Indeed page. Applications submitted only through Indeed will be considered for positions.
Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant – Dallas, Texas
Performs all routine financial tasks necessary to the operation of ChristianWorks, as well as providing administrative support for ChristianWorks’ multiple programs, and development and communication departments. Duties include bookkeeping and data entry, creating and distributing reports, completing assigned projects, general reception duties such as fielding telephone calls and receiving visitors, creating documents and spreadsheets, filing, and faxing. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Job-shares with another employee and communicates effectively to ensure all tasks are completed correctly and on time.
- Executes daily financial functions including payments and receipts; completes data entry tasks correctly and timely.
- Prepares routine financial reports and assists with preparing budgets as instructed.
- Professionally and courteously receives telephone calls and visitors. Assesses needs and then provides assistance or directs calls or visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Executes all daily tasks for mail handling including delivery, receipt, postage meter, and distribution.
- Maintains paper and electronic files necessary for administrative purposes according to all policies.
- Assists with clerical tasks to include typing, filing, proofreading, and data entry.
- Assists Office Manager and agency program staff with various projects as needed.
- Ensures that common areas are equipped with supplies, and places orders for routine supplies as needed, or for special supply requests from program managers.
- Maintains working knowledge of all office equipment, and informs the supervisor of service needs.
- Maintains a good working relationship with vendors and service providers.
- Maintains a working knowledge of and adheres to organization policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Keeps immediate supervisor and job-share partner well-informed of activities, results of efforts and problems/potential problems identified; recommends corrective actions to immediate supervisor.
- Respects confidentiality in discussing client, staff, volunteer and organizational matters. Maintains confidentiality of the organization’s fiscal, personnel, and client-related information at all times.
- Exhibits genuine concern for clients and always conducts oneself appropriately and professionally.
- Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
- High School Degree required, Business School or College degree preferred
- One to three years’ experience in office procedures and bookkeeping, experience with non-profits preferred
- Advanced general computer skills and internet research skills
- Advanced skills in typical office software including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Advanced skills in QuickBooks is required; experience with other bookkeeping systems will be considered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a team player maintaining healthy work relationships
- Available to work 3 days per week in office from 9am-5pm at Dallas location
- Ability to work at our Fort Worth office location a few times per year preferred
- A Christian actively engaged in ministry as a member of a local church