Our KidWorks support groups for children and their parents are led by volunteer facilitators. Our volunteers come from all walks of life – counselors, nurses, teachers, church members. You don’t have to have any professional licenses or training to apply to be a volunteer. All new volunteer facilitators are fully trained by our staff, will shadow facilitators and be partnered with experienced facilitators when assigned to a group.
When is the next new facilitator training?
Contact our program coordinator Paola Thompson for information on the next training.
What are the facilitator requirements?
- A heart for helping children, teens and their families
- Willingness to commit to serving on Monday nights from 6:30-8:30 PM for 27 nights (September – May)
- Ability to attend new facilitator training
- Ability and desire to learn group facilitation skills
- Passing a criminal background check
- Personal and professional references
- Willingness to become certified in CPR/First Aid
We have a high need for male volunteers
When and where do you need me?
KidWorks is held at the ChristianWorks Dallas office – 5400 Harvest Hill Road, Suite 140, Dallas, TX 75230. The groups meet on Monday nights. Volunteer facilitators should plan to be there from 6:30 – 8:30 PM. Volunteer facilitators should be able to commit to attending three 9-week sessions between September and May.
How do I sign up?
Download our volunteer facilitator application. You can email your completed application to our program director Paola Thompson or drop it by our office,
972-960-9981 ext. 115
5440 Harvest Hill Road, Ste. 140
Dallas, TX 75230